I started with this warm up sheet from Jessica @algebrainiac1
After a semester I modified it a little.
I may make some changes in order to adapt to my classes as the year progresses, but these are the most important topics for my students as they start the school year. At the start of each class, I will use the appropriate resource.
- Monday: Counting Circle because it develops number sense, mental math, and community
- Tuesday: Talking Points because students practicing listening to each other will seep into every lesson, every day. It can be used as a tool to develop their growth mindset and, bring out and clarify misconceptions.
- Wednesday: estimation Builds number sense & measurement
- Thursday: Visual patterns Develop algebraic reasoning skills
- Friday: Number talk Build computational fluency using number relationships and the structure of numbers